Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Eminem felt like Bugs Bunny during rehab

Eminem felt like Bugs Bunny during his stint in rehab.

The 'We Made You’ rapper admits his worldwide fame left him feeling like the iconic cartoon character when he checked into a centre in 2005 to receive treatment for drug addiction.

The star – real name Marshall Mathers - told BBC Radio One: "When I landed myself in rehab in 2005 I felt like I wanted to reassess everything. I remember sitting in rehab thinking, 'Is this what it comes to, really?'

"So when I got out I knew I needed to pull back from the spotlight because of the fame thing.

"I was like Bugs Bunny in rehab, Bugs Bunny walking in the room. The second you walk in the room,

"There were some people who were as supportive as they could be, some people that were like, 'I don't look at you as Eminem. I'm seeing you as Marshall.'"

Eminem recently revealed he wanted to kill himself at the height of his problems. He said: "I just wasn't taking care of myself, at times I wanted to just give it up.

"I was in a dark place. I wanted to pull back from the spotlight to reassess my whole career. "I got sober but it was pretty rough. A couple of years were bad for me."

Labels

Blog Archive

Template by: Free Blog Templates