Thursday, May 21, 2009

Eminem 'done' with guns

Eminem is 'done' with guns.

The 'We Made You’ rapper despises firearms and doesn’t want to be around them after two of his uncles committed suicide and his best friend, rapper Proof, was shot dead.

He told the Detroit Metro Times newspaper: 'For me, personally, I mean, I'm done with guns. You know what I mean? They certainly never ever brought anything good into my life. Especially with my own family and our history of suicide and s**t like that. And my own personal experience with guns. And then you lose your best friend to guns. Guns are just bad news.'

The rapper also revealed 'Circle of Life’ singer Sir Elton John has been helping him in his battle to overcome drug addiction.

He added: 'I talk to Elton a lot. We became friends and I talk to him about things, career wise. And he had a substance abuse problem in the past. So when I first wanted to get sober, I called him and spoke to him about it because, he's somebody who's in the business and can identify and relate to the lifestyle.

'Me and him have had similar lives and stuff. So I reached out to him and told him, 'Look, I'm going through a problem and I need your advice.’ '

Meanwhile, Eminem has defended his use of an overweight Jessica Simpson character in the promo for 'We Made You’, insisting he has captured a moment in time.

He explained: 'We were going to have a chick who looked like Jessica Simpson.

'But then Jessica got fat. I mean, not really fat but she certainly got fat for Jessica Simpson!

'I think that my videos are little time capsules. So I've always wanted people to be able to look back at each video and go, 'Oh, remember what was going on at that moment! That's when Jessica Simpson got fat.’ '

Labels

Blog Archive

Template by: Free Blog Templates